8/26/17

Summer Wrap Up

Since summer vacation is about to end for me I figured I'd do this little thing. Recapping what I've been doing this summer other than rambling about stuff on here every now and then, although I've honestly mostly just sat in front of my computer crying over my art project that I had to do for university to get some summer credits. Oh and speaking of university, there is a very high chance my blogging activity will decrease quite a bit again because school tends to eat a lot of my time and energy so RIP me.

Anyway, let's start wiiiith...




I was going to say I haven't read an awful lot this summer but now that I look at my Goodreads almost half of the books I've read this year are from the last couple of months so go me! 

Books I've read this summer:

I included The Bone Witch simply because I finished it on June 1st so that totally counts. Plus I loved it a lot so it needs to be mentioned any chance I get lol. Bone Witch and Bubblegum both are definitely some of my favorite reads so far this year! 

Books I'm currently reading:

Anyone who knows me isn't surprised there's an Outlander book on this list because I've been reading this series for quite a while now. Echo in the Bone is the 7th book and I'm still only 300 pages in because I've been distracted by other stuff. Tomorrow, When the War Began is part of our traveling book project and it has been a pretty positive surprise. I didn't know anything about the book beforehand so I had no idea what I was getting into. It's pretty wild.




I've been... surprisingly lazy with video games most of the summer. For the past few weeks I've mostly been playing super chill stuff that requires no brain activity from me and I was a really good girl and didn't buy much during the steam sales either.


The top row in the image are games I've already written about here before but yeah, Andromeda, Yonder, Renowned Explorers and Sims 4 are probably my most played games this summer. I actually started a lazy legacy challenge in Sims so that's gonna be interesting if I managed to get further than 3rd generation in it. My friend was nice and bought Dream Daddy for me and that was pretty fun as well. Divinity: Original Sin was an impulse buy from the Steam sales and I haven't played it much yet, but it seemed a pretty cool RPG so far, I really need to continue it. The Morrowind expansion for Elder Scrolls Online is something I just had to get because ESO is my most played MMO, but I haven't really given that a proper try yet either. Someone needs to kick me to gaming more.




I've been crazy busy with art stuff thanks to the summer project I already mentioned, and since having some entertainment while drawing is pretty important I ended up watching a lot of Youtube etc. and finally discovered a Youtuber I actually enjoy watching! I don't even know how I ended up on her channel but Pixielocks is super cute and always so happy it was nice having her videos on my second monitor while drawing my pretty girls. 

If you're curious about the actual art I've been doing go take a peek at my art blog

My fiancé and I also got tickets to a convention (which is in two weeks, I'm excited!!) and I managed to put together a cosplay for it. It's my first cosplay in years so I kinda took the easy way out and mostly just bought stuff for it, but I'm pretty happy with it. I'm going to be Claire in the outfit she wore in the first episode of Outlander:


I'll most likely make a post about the convention afterwards so I'll most likely include a picture or two of the cosplay then. I'm basically just hoping it won't be horribly cold that weekend or I'll freeze to death or something.

Well, that's about it. I hope this wasn't too long and boring or anything like that! 

1 comment: